Christmas Celebration 2020-21
Christmas brings cheer, joy, warmth and love. It inspires the spirit of caring, sharing and forgiving.
This Christmas, Chembur English High School was nothing less than a winter wonderland where we all gathered together virtually to celebrate the zest of this amazing festival with the colours of fun and fervour. Even though it was a virtual celebration this festive season, there was no dearth of excitement, enthusiasm and zeal.
Soaking in the spirit of Christmas our students were vibrantly decked in red and white dress, decorated their houses with candles, lights and Christmas tree.
The event commenced with a prayer to seek the blessings of the Almighty. The significance of this auspicious festival was gracefully executed by reciting a Christmas story. This was followed by carol singing by our students. Letters were written to Santa by our students not just for getting gifts and toys but also wished to free the world from the present pandemic situation. Christmas poems were recited by students which contained the message of love and unity.
The essence of Christmas came alive when the students, teachers and the children of Mermier Balashram got together and shared the merriment with a Christmas cake leaving no stone unturned to sprinkle the magic of their love.
The event was graced by the appearance of our special guest, the famous and adorable Santa Claus. Our student disguised as Santa added the much-awaited fun, frolic and entertainment to the program and sensitised students about the importance of giving and sharing. His presence made the festivities even more magical for the children.
Mrs. Annamma Paul Principal of CEHS greeted everyone; she expressed her delight and congratulated the students and teachers for putting up an incredible show. She gave the message of being happy and enjoying the Christmas days with family and friends.
She further exclaimed that Christmas is not a time or a season, but a state of mind. To cherish peace and goodwill, to be plenteous in mercy, is to have the real spirit of Christmas.
Boundless joy of celebration was visible on the faces of our students. The program was fruitfully concluded with a vote of thanks to everyone who contributed to make the event a successful one.
Constitution Day 2020-21
- Constitution Day was celebrated on 26th November 2020, in Mahatma Education Society’s Chembur English High School.
- Ms Taruna Patel told the significance of the constitution of India. The students were also informed about the Constituent Assembly and were briefed them with the important points about drafting of the Constitution.
- Teachers and students read the Preamble of the constitution and discussed about its features.
- A video was displayed to enlighten the students about the importance of the Constitution Day.
- On 26th November 2008, our policemen sacrificed their lives during the terrorist attack. A tribute was paid to these heroes.
- Principal Ms. Annamma Paul graced the occasion and gave her valuable insights.
- Students were asked to protect themselves from the Covid 19 pandemic using three important shields- Sanitizing themselves, using masks and maintaining social distance.
Diwali Celebration 2020-21
Children’s Day 2020-21
‘ The soul is healed by being with children’
To make our children feel special, Chembur English High School celebrated Children’s Day Celebration virtually with full zeal and zest.
We teachers and students were not in the same physical space but were connected digitally. The program contained various activities like speeches, paintings, recitation and songs all performed by our students. Parents also participated with great enthusiasm. The entire environment was vibrating with excitement.
Principal Annamma Paul in her message mentioned that all children should get proper care and love, and this day should be used to spread the awareness about children’s rights and welfare. ‘Pandit Nehru considered children as the building blocks of a strong nation. Children have the capability to change the country positively’, she added. This virtual celebration has helped motivate children who have been missing school.
Teachers Day Celebration
Chembur English High School celebrated Virtual Teachers Day with great pomp and enthusiasm. The program was initiated by invoking Goddess Saraswati, the goddess of Knowledge. Teachers Day is celebrated on 5th September every year to pay tribute to the great philosopher, scholar and an exlempary teacher Dr. Sarvapalli Radhakrishnan.
Students expressed their heartfelt gratitude towards their mentor, the founder of Mahatma Education Society Dr. K.M. Vasudevan Pillai and co- founder Dr. Daphne Pillai. They articulated their affection and admiration for the principal Ms. Annamma Paul and all the teachers through speeches and poems. They spoke about the role of teacher in one’s life. Students expressed how quality education is taken care of in all the institutions of Mahatma Education Society. Mahatma Education Society is celebrating its successful completion of 50 golden years. To commemorate this event, a video of the journey of the school was displayed and tribute was paid to all the former principals of Chembur English High School.
Teachers were overwhelmed by their speeches and were touched by the warm gestures made by all the students.
Principal Ms. Annamma Paul wished all the teachers a very Happy Teachers Day, blessed the children and motivated them to be a dutiful citizen.
Independence Day Celebrations 2020-21
Freedom in the mind,
Faith in the words…
Pride in our souls…
Let’s salute the nation on this auspicious day
CEHS celebrated 74th Independence Day with extreme joy and enthusiasm on 15th August, 2020. The spirit of freedom and nationalism was well exhibited with the inauguration of the event which was then preceded by the flag hoisting ceremony. National Anthem was sung with the feeling of patriotism. Students were sensitised about the importance of this big day.
Our Principal Mrs. Annamma Paul addressed the gathering and shared details about India’s struggle for independence and freedom with the students and urged them to keep the flag of the nation flying high as the citizens of tomorrow. She proudly introduced our Alumnus Air Vice Marshal Mr. Dananjay Wani. A Distinguished Personality who is an Air Vice Marshal – Mention in Dispatches was commissioned in the fighter stream of Indian Air Force on 6th December, 1986. This was indeed a proud moment for our school.
This was then followed by streaming a video which channelised the creativity of the students of Mahatma Education Society’s Chembur Campus, through various activities such as online speech, Patriotic dance and singing.
Indeed, it was a day of elation, a day to love and respect our country and make it a better place for Indians to live and experience the freedom, peace and unity in diversity and most importantly saluting the corona warriors during these unforeseen circumstances of global pandemic.
Environment Week Celebrations 2020-21
Mahatma Education Society’s Chembur English High school in collaboration with soroptimist welfare association (SIBC) organised various online activities to mark the world environment day.
The children were sensitized towards the environment through various activities spanning the week where students showcased their creativity. Students made posters, useful items out of Waste, participated in online quiz competition, elocution and collage making.
Following activities were conducted online at CEHS –
- Let’s Nurture the Nature – Conservation of environment is as important at the social level as it is at personal level. CEHS took an initiative to save the environment and thereby the human existence by asking the students to click a photograph with their pet plant and write how they take care of that plant. Students took part enthusiastically and showcased their love for plants.
- Boundless Imagination – Poster making competition. Students shared their posters with slogans and pictures related to conservation of environment. They expressed their love for nature by participating in a large number
- Grill- Drill – Online Quiz competition was organised to enhance and add on the knowledge of the students relating to conservation of environment. Students were excited and participated enthusiastically in the competition.
- Regard before you Discard – Best out of Waste competition. Best out of Waste is one such craft which follows environment friendly principles and at the same time creates useful objects out of Waste products. In order to make children aware of uses of waste materials and give them a lesson on 3 R’s- Reduce, Recycle and Reuse, this competition was organised. Students came in a creative burst of energy, mind-blowing, fabulous ideas were demonstrated. They prepared very creative and innovative models and art items from different waste materials.
- Thought into Action – Elocution is the art of conveying clear and expressive message to the people. Participating in elocution imbues a student with confidence.With this vision an online English elocution competition was Conducted. The topic was “Corona virus pandemic, a boon to nature and biodiversity.”
All the participants performed exceptionally well. The competition gave a lot of encouragement and confidence to the performers and at the same time, they expressed their views vividly.
- Catchphrase Collage – Collage making. The objective of collage making was to make younger generation more sensitive towards environment protection. It motivated the students to contribute towards protection of environment. It was a group activity in which the students through slogans gave the message to keep our surroundings clean and save the planet earth.
It is said that creativity is intelligence, having fun and it is the way to share one’s soul with the world, this thought was exponentially showcased during the activities throughout the week.
It was an amazing and energetic week of celebration where students enjoyed and learnt to conserve our nature.
Yoga Day Celebrations 2020-21
“Inhale the future Exhale the past”
International Yoga Day was celebrated virtually by teachers, students and parents on 21st June, 2020 at Chembur English High School. Various yoga asanas like Surya namaskara (Sun Salutation), Tadasana (Mountain pose & tree pose), Chakrasana (Wheel pose), Dhanurasana (Bow pose), Utarasana (Camel pose), Bhujangasana (Cobra pose) & Savasana (Corpse pose) were demonstrated online. Steps and benefits of each pose was narrated. Students and parents participated enthusiastically. Our principal Ms. Annamma Paul encouraged students to practice yoga to remain fit and improve concentration.
Regular practice of yoga will surely help our students achieve a better life physically, mentally and spiritually as well.
Guru Purnima 2020-21