Independence Day Celebrations 2020-21
Freedom in the mind,
Faith in the words…
Pride in our souls…
Let’s salute the nation on this auspicious day
CEHS celebrated 74th Independence Day with extreme joy and enthusiasm on 15th August, 2020. The spirit of freedom and nationalism was well exhibited with the inauguration of the event which was then preceded by the flag hoisting ceremony. National Anthem was sung with the feeling of patriotism. Students were sensitised about the importance of this big day.
Our Principal Mrs. Annamma Paul addressed the gathering and shared details about India’s struggle for independence and freedom with the students and urged them to keep the flag of the nation flying high as the citizens of tomorrow. She proudly introduced our Alumnus Air Vice Marshal Mr. Dananjay Wani. A Distinguished Personality who is an Air Vice Marshal – Mention in Dispatches was commissioned in the fighter stream of Indian Air Force on 6th December, 1986. This was indeed a proud moment for our school.
This was then followed by streaming a video which channelised the creativity of the students of Mahatma Education Society’s Chembur Campus, through various activities such as online speech, Patriotic dance and singing.
Indeed, it was a day of elation, a day to love and respect our country and make it a better place for Indians to live and experience the freedom, peace and unity in diversity and most importantly saluting the corona warriors during these unforeseen circumstances of global pandemic.
Environment Week Celebrations 2020-21
Mahatma Education Society’s Chembur English High school in collaboration with soroptimist welfare association (SIBC) organised various online activities to mark the world environment day.
The children were sensitized towards the environment through various activities spanning the week where students showcased their creativity. Students made posters, useful items out of Waste, participated in online quiz competition, elocution and collage making.
Following activities were conducted online at CEHS –
- Let’s Nurture the Nature – Conservation of environment is as important at the social level as it is at personal level. CEHS took an initiative to save the environment and thereby the human existence by asking the students to click a photograph with their pet plant and write how they take care of that plant. Students took part enthusiastically and showcased their love for plants.
- Boundless Imagination – Poster making competition. Students shared their posters with slogans and pictures related to conservation of environment. They expressed their love for nature by participating in a large number
- Grill- Drill – Online Quiz competition was organised to enhance and add on the knowledge of the students relating to conservation of environment. Students were excited and participated enthusiastically in the competition.
- Regard before you Discard – Best out of Waste competition. Best out of Waste is one such craft which follows environment friendly principles and at the same time creates useful objects out of Waste products. In order to make children aware of uses of waste materials and give them a lesson on 3 R’s- Reduce, Recycle and Reuse, this competition was organised. Students came in a creative burst of energy, mind-blowing, fabulous ideas were demonstrated. They prepared very creative and innovative models and art items from different waste materials.
- Thought into Action – Elocution is the art of conveying clear and expressive message to the people. Participating in elocution imbues a student with confidence.With this vision an online English elocution competition was Conducted. The topic was “Corona virus pandemic, a boon to nature and biodiversity.”
All the participants performed exceptionally well. The competition gave a lot of encouragement and confidence to the performers and at the same time, they expressed their views vividly.
- Catchphrase Collage – Collage making. The objective of collage making was to make younger generation more sensitive towards environment protection. It motivated the students to contribute towards protection of environment. It was a group activity in which the students through slogans gave the message to keep our surroundings clean and save the planet earth.
It is said that creativity is intelligence, having fun and it is the way to share one’s soul with the world, this thought was exponentially showcased during the activities throughout the week.
It was an amazing and energetic week of celebration where students enjoyed and learnt to conserve our nature.
Yoga Day Celebrations 2020-21
“Inhale the future Exhale the past”
International Yoga Day was celebrated virtually by teachers, students and parents on 21st June, 2020 at Chembur English High School. Various yoga asanas like Surya namaskara (Sun Salutation), Tadasana (Mountain pose & tree pose), Chakrasana (Wheel pose), Dhanurasana (Bow pose), Utarasana (Camel pose), Bhujangasana (Cobra pose) & Savasana (Corpse pose) were demonstrated online. Steps and benefits of each pose was narrated. Students and parents participated enthusiastically. Our principal Ms. Annamma Paul encouraged students to practice yoga to remain fit and improve concentration.
Regular practice of yoga will surely help our students achieve a better life physically, mentally and spiritually as well.
Guru Purnima 2020-21