World Environment Week 2020-21
Mahatma Education Society’s Chembur English High school in collaboration with soroptimist welfare association (SIBC )organised various online activities to mark the world environment day.
The children were sensitized towards the environment through various activities spanning the week where students showcased their creativity.students made posters, useful items out of Waste, participated in online quiz competition, elocution and collage making.
Following activities were conducted online at CEHS :
- Let’s Nurture the Nature : Conservation of environment is as important at the social level as it is at personal level. CEHS took an initiative to save the environment and thereby the human existence by asking the students to click a photograph with their pet plant and write how they take care of that plant. Students took part enthusiastically and showcased their love for plants.
- Boundless Imagination : Poster making competition. Students shared their posters with slogans and pictures related to conservation of environment. They expressed their love for nature by participating in a large number
- Grill- Drill : Online Quiz competition was organised to enhance and add on the knowledge of the students relating to conservation of environment. Students were excited and participated enthusiastically in the competition.
- Regard before you Discard : Best out of Waste competition. Best out of Waste is one such craft which follows environment friendly principles and at the same time creates useful objects out of Waste products. In order to make children aware of uses of waste materials and give them a lesson on 3 R’s- Reduce, Recycle and Reuse, this competition was organised. Students came in a creative burst of energy, mind-blowing, fabulous ideas were demonstrated. They prepared very creative and innovative models and art items from different waste materials.
- Thought into Action : Elocution is the art of conveying clear and expressive message to the people. Participating in elocution imbues a student with confidence.With this vision an online English elocution competition was Conducted. The topic was “Corona virus pandemic, a boon to nature and biodiversity.”
All the participants performed exceptionally well. The competition gave a lot of encouragement and confidence to the performers and at the same time, they expressed their views vividly.
- Catchphrase Collage : Collage making. The objective of collage making was to make younger generation more sensitive towards environment protection. It motivated the students to contribute towards protection of environment. It was a group activity in which the students through slogans gave the message to keep our surroundings clean and save the planet earth.
It is said that creativity is intelligence, having fun and it is the way to share one’s soul with the world, this thought was exponentially showcased during the activities throughout the week.
It was an amazing and energetic week of celebration where students enjoyed and learnt to conserve our nature.
World Environment Day 2019-20
World Environment Day 2018-19
World Environment Day
Environment Day – 30th June, 2016
Environment day celebrartion conducted at C.E.H.S. in association with SIBC.[rev_slider Environment-Day]